The Cross Government Parent Network is a voluntary, staff-run, organisation.
It brings together parent networks across government departments and agencies to support civil servants on matters related to parenting and caring for children, pregnancy and maternity.
It engages departmental and agency-level parent networks to promote information sharing across government. It encourages joined-up support and influencing; for example, through a common voice with senior leaders in Civil Service HR and Diversity & Inclusion.
Vision and aims
To promote a diverse and inclusive Civil Service through increased awareness and understanding of the issues for parents and expectant parents.
To work together as a set of parent networks to raise the profile of parenting issues across the Civil Service and share information, good practice and guidance.
Initiatives in development
- Engagement with Civil Service HR on its policy work on parenting and maternity, particularly to contribute insights and understanding from parents across departments.
- A virtual coffee series to support parents with balancing work, childcare demands and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- A blog to publicise the insights from the coffee series and what we have been hearing from parents about how they are managing.
- Events to role-model leaders who are parents and can talk openly about the challenges and opportunities around juggling work, childcare and wellbeing.
- Creating effective working links with parent networks and other relevant networks that are not currently members.
Network meetings are currently held monthly to enhance information sharing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Copies of the minutes of meetings are available on request.
If you would like to find out more about the Cross Government Parent Network please contact Tessa MacArthur at firstname.lastname@example.org