The Civil Service Visual Network is designed to support any civil servant who either has, or cares for someone who has, visual impairment, and anyone interested in understanding more about visual impairment.
The network offers the opportunity for everyone to come together to discuss and share and support each other on all matters relating to visual impairment.
It engages with people across government including, in particular, the Civil Service Disability Network, with the aim of offering civil servants a forum in which to challenge and have 'your say' in helping us to shape the visual impairment agenda in the Civil Service.
You can follow the Civil Service Visual Network is on Twitter @CSVisualNetwork.
To provide advice, information, support and guidance to all Civil Service staff on visual impairment, and to work together to raise the profile of visual impairment while sharing and promoting best practice.
To effect change through increasing awareness of visual impairment issues and addressing specific problems for the visual impairment community across the Civil Service.
- To increase awareness of visual impairment issues across the Civil Service.
- To offer a forum to raise and address specific concerns related to visual impairment.
- To link with the Civil Service Disability Network (CSDN) and establish a pool of role models to promote the challenges of visual impairment across the Civil Service.
- To engage proactively with policy development, the CSDN, Civil Service Workplace Adjustment Team and other departmental networks, as appropriate, to ensure consideration is given to visual impairment requirements at an early stage.
- To support the CSDN as requested, including raising issues concerning visual loss to the , and working with CSDN members to implement and support policy changes.
- Establish links with the Diversity and Inclusion staff across the Civil Service, sharing best practice and providing mutual support where disability issues arise.
The strategy for the network is in development and will be published in June 2019.
The Five Principles of the Civil Service Visual Network
- We will be honest with ourselves, our sponsors, champions and all our stakeholders
- We will uphold the Civil Service Standards
- We will promote our work, in a manner that is aligned with the Civil Service Disability Network and the Civil Service Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- We welcome everyone to be part of our network within the Civil Service
- As network members we are inclusive and act and speak with one voice.
Current key initiatives in development
- A mentor programme and buddy network
- A bi-monthly awareness event, in conjunction with Civil Service Local, to promote the network
- A quarterly newsletter to promote network activities
- A selection of role models from the network to be featured in a Role Model book
- Creating effective working links with other networks and organisations inside and outside the Civil Service
Network meetings are held quarterly. Copies of the minutes of meetings are available on request.