The Civil Service Muslim Network (CSMN) is the sole cross-government, departmental umbrella network representing and supporting departmental Muslim networks and civil servants.
CSMN’s vision is to help create a truly inclusive workplace where civil servants of all backgrounds fulfil their potential and thrive, where every voice is heard, to deliver world-class policy and public services. A Civil Service that mirrors the rich diversity of the public it serves.
The network co-chairs are Nuzhat Ali (Public Health England) and Ahmed Azam (HMRC), elected in September 2019.
- Represent, support, connect and champion Muslim civil servants across government.
- De-mystify Islam and tackle (un)conscious bias.
- Establish a shared understanding of the CSMN vision and priorities.
- Create a network of senior allies who recognise the lived experience of Muslim colleagues and help improve religious literacy and respect.
Making the vision a reality
- Collaborating with wider diversity and inclusion networks on projects, events and initiatives; promoting interfaith activities and projects.
- Recognising the contributions of Muslims in the Civil Service.
- Promoting development opportunities for CSMN members.
- Raising aspirations through a range of approaches.
- Offering advice and community insight to support policy development.
- Sharing thought-leadership and expert research.
If you are interested in becoming a member and would like to receive information about forthcoming events and seminars, then join us on https://khub.net/, using the easy-to-follow guide below. Alternatively, you can contact us with any specific queries, on firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow us on Twitter @CSMuslimnetwork.
Five easy steps to register on KHub for CSMN
- Access Knowledge Hub at https://khub.net/.
- Go to sign-up.
- Register with your name, grade and regional location, and review the confirmation email.
- Search for ‘Civil Service Muslim Network’ under the ‘Groups’ tab.
- Request to join the group, accept the user agreement and start to explore, collaborate and network. To receive regular notifications about recent activity on CSMN KHub, select ‘subscribe’ under the CSMN logo on the main page.