Who we are
The Civil Service Hindu Connection is a cross-government faith, inclusion and wellbeing staff support network for Hindu civil servants and other civil servants interested in Hindu culture.
The Hindu Connection’s focus is to:
- support the needs of Hindu staff and our members
- promote diversity and inclusion
- support Civil Service departments
The network chair is Sandeep Mahida (Home Office).
Our goals have been developed to support the Civil Service diversity and inclusion strategy:
- creating an inclusive environment for Hindu staff
- enhancing staff wellbeing using Hindu Dharma’s holistic approach
- developing partnerships with networks and individuals to improve departmental diversity and inclusion
- reaching out to the wider Hindu community
What we do: our services
- We offer advice, assistance and support to managers and staff about Hindu concerns at work
- We deliver wellbeing sessions including yoga, mindfulness, nutrition and stress management
- We organise events to celebrate Hindu Dharma and diversity and inclusion
- We quality assure departmental guidance and information about Hindus and Hindu Dharma
- We review and develop policies to ensure they do not adversely impact on Hindu staff
- We reach out to the wider Hindu community to promote the Civil Service as an inclusive employer
The network has created the Civil Service Hindu Fasting Awareness Guide for Line Managers and Staff.
If you have any queries, are interested in becoming a member and joining our mailing list or accessing our services, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.