The Civil Service Jewish Network (JNet) is a cross-government network of over 300 Jewish civil servants and other civil servants interested in Jewish culture. JNet is one of the eight Civil Service diversity networks.
The network co-chairs for 2022-23 are Harry Ingram, Joel Salmon and Alma Puts Keren.
The network has several aims:
- to encourage and support the growth of a community of Jewish civil servants
- to promote an awareness of and provide resources relating to Jewish religion and culture across the Civil Service
- to coordinate networking, social, development and volunteering opportunities for Jewish civil servants and civil servants interested in Jewish culture
- to forge links with and provide support to other Civil Service diversity networks
- to represent the views and concerns of Jewish civil servants as appropriate in wider discussions about diversity and inclusion in Government
- we organise networking and speaker events based on current affairs and topics of interest
- we engage in the wider landscape of diversity and inclusion, as well as religious literacy, across government
- we host social events and organise volunteering opportunities for civil servants
- we are able to signpost Jewish civil servants to relevant resources where advocacy is needed
- we enjoy strong relationships with the other government faith networks, and are interested in establishing relationships with all the diversity networks
We have published JNet's guidance for civil servants about Jewish practice to help raise awareness of the issues to consider when interacting with Jewish civil servants. The guidance can be found here
- For further information that might be useful to staff, please refer to this fact sheet.
If you have any queries, are interested in getting involved with the Network or would like to join our mailing list, please get in touch with Harry.Ingram@homeoffice.gov.uk Joel.Salmon@communities.gov.uk or Alma.PutsKeren@trade.gov.uk
Please also feel free to join our Facebook group where we advertise events and activities.