The Civil Service Jewish Network (JNet) is a cross-government Network of over 300 Jewish civil servants and other civil servants interested in Jewish culture. JNet is one of the eight Civil Service diversity networks.
The network co-chairs for 2017/18 are Rebecca Viney (FCO) and Sophie Ross (DExEU).
The network has several aims:
- to encourage and support the growth of a community of Jewish civil servants
- to promote an awareness of and provide resources relating to Jewish religion and culture across the Civil Service;
- to coordinate networking, social, development and volunteering opportunities for Jewish civil servants and civil servants interested in Jewish culture
- to forge links with and provide support to other Civil Service diversity networks
- to represent the views and concerns of Jewish civil servants as appropriate in wider discussions about diversity and inclusion in Government
- We organise networking and speaker events based on current affairs and topics of interest.
- We engage in the wider landscape of diversity and inclusion, as well as religious literacy, across government.
- We host social events and organise volunteering opportunities for civil servants.
- We are able to signpost Jewish civil servants to relevant resources where advocacy is needed.
- We enjoy strong relationships with the other government faith networks, and are interested in establishing relationships with all the diversity networks.
We also have a 'slack' channel that you can access by joining the cross-government slack team and looking for the Jewish Network channel.
Please also feel free to join our Facebook group where we advertise events and activities.